I thought that I would send you HERE
(check out the video for I make a guest appearence) to check out one of the best writers in the blogger community who flies under the radar. Yet if you ask people who have been around here for some time who one of the best story tellers is they will mention Otis along with MESELF
(yes, The Rooster continues to consider himself an A-Lister)....cough!cough! In any case, I can tell that Otis
is getting ready for Vegas...are you?
Quick story. The great thing about my blog is that it is just me and I don't have a writers personality...I have a hacks personality and there is a difference. The poor-poor writer is always a tormented soul trying to find another story. A hack such as myself just kind of writes stupid things that come to mind.
So a few trips ago in Vegas poor-poor Otis was in a writes funk. I thought it was the greatest thing to watch him wrestle with his demons. Here he is trying to have a good time but you could just see the gears in his head turning. I have a lot of artist/writer friends so I have seen this behavior before and I know to give them space. They want to be like the rest of us normal people (and most of the time they are normal...but when those gears start turning...haha!) but the truth is that they aren't built like us. So poor-poor Otis is sitting there alone at the 1/2 no-limit table and his mind is just turning and turning and I'm watching and watching to see his breaking point. After about another hour of folding he grabs his chips and exits the building.
Why do I write this...because I think sometimes as readers we get confussed between the writers personality and the real day to day person. Most of the time I have found that they are two differnt people. For instance, 90% of the time you hang with Otis you will be like, this MOFO is mad cool...I can roll with this guy. Then there are those times where you are like...WTF?? who the hell is this guy?? This isn't the Otis that falls down is it?
Know that sometimes in Vegas you will see people wanting to be alone for a second (I know Maudie needs that alone time and sometimes she will sit with you but silence is a way of communication for her...she's on another level and that is for another post)most of the time it is the writers trying to soak it all in and wrap their mind around it. Sometimes it might be someone's first time to a blogger gathering wondering how they have become a part of such an amazing group. Never be offended is what I'm trying to say.
People like Pauly
, Joe Speaker
have to struggle to get their great stories out and they really think about the words they use so sometimes they like to be alone but don't get offended. Also, if there is someone that you read that has taken you on a crazy ride with their writing feel free to thank them buy purchasing them a beer.
Take note, some like AL
need alone time to rage solo (maybe with a friend next time so they don't get rolled for their roll).
Also feel free to thank the people who do the internet tournament tour...Kat, Mookie, Al and others.
In closing, if you are a bit lost in this hand and how I'm playing it or if you want to see the two personalities that I'm talking about visit:Poker Otis
and if you really want to see the writing talent of the clan you should visit:Mrs. Otis
And remember...the family that blogs together stays together.
One Week and Counting...
That is right, Fools...one more week until Vegas. Can I get you to throw your hands in the air...and wave them like just don't care.Remember: The Rooster never bluffs!!!
The Rooster In Vegas
I will be in Vegas this coming gathering. To be honest, I was thinking about not attending because there were going to be a lot of B-Listers there. But the truth of the matter is that today's B-Listers are the A-Listers of tomorrow. So I will be in Vegas if anyone wants to sit and chat I will be willing to sit and chat over a cold Root Beer. The Rooster is on the wagon for a bit and hoping that it will hold up during this trip to Vegas.
I'm kind of getting excited to see all of you guys and gals to be honest.
Please make sure bet on the horse known as Mr. Otis on Sunday. Also, I hope Drizz doesn't wear that ugly purple shirt he tends to sport on Sunday....dear god.
Also, there is that horse racing game in the MGM that I like to play. I think it is a quarter if any of you are interested in playing.
Everyone has their rules about Vegas and these are a few of mine
1. Never play Iggy is Scissors, Rock and Paper. He has a huge bankroll and he will keep getting you to up the ante. It will start at $20.00 bucks then before you know it you will be doing it for $100.00
2. Always let F-Train play your stack at the MGM mixed games. You will come back and find a huge stack of chips that he scooped from Dawn.
3. Stay away from Vereno on any game...she runs hot in Vegas.
4. Always challenge the roids boy...AKA Badblood to a pushup contest. He is really a wuss.
5. Ask Pauly Drama and Change100 for the magic tea for your bad back. But have a beer with either of these two people and talk movies, books and travel tips. I highly suggest that you don't talk poker with these two people...they are much more interesting than cards.
6. Take one shot with AlCan'tHang then run away. He will get you so drunk that the red-birds will be flying all over the place and then a hooker will role you.
7. If you don't know sports well don't try to talk about the topic with Derek. He is a sports nut and knows all about how to break down contracts and a team. Yet, I think him and Pablo have another obsession they talk about...SciFi?
8. Sit and talk with Maudie. She is one of the rare people that can talk and listen equally well.
9. Have a casual beer with GCox and talk country music...nuff said.
10. Take Daddy to eat Mexican...serious, you will have a funny ass time with this guy as he yells...pass me the Chorizo!!! when his plate comes.
11. Sit with Otis at a -EV table game.
12. Play some blackjack with Bobby Bracelet...haha! Talk about TILT!!!
13. Tell Joe Speaker and Donkey Puncher that you like their outfits and you will get a free beer.
14. Buy Drizz a shot when he's drunk and convince him to call his wife.
15. When you are in a hand and a bit confused or don't know where you are in the hand...always ask yourself WWSSPD (What Would Sweet-Sweet Pablo Do?).
16. I know this is not suppose to be said or maybe you have read it before. But all the bloggers somehow pull hot girls compared to their looks (Mrs. Otis is still my secret crush...sigh!!!). So sit there and dream a bit about pulling a hot show girl on the Vegas strip...who knows, it might happen.
17. On the female note. I have learned as of late that all the ladies that are single and in the 40 year age group belong to Joe Speaker so stay away.
I hope if this is your first time in Vegas with the crew that you will come away with a must do list and be able to post it next time.
It Has Been A While
I've started to play online again. Just low stakes until I get the flow of the game back again. Running 8 tables can get a little daunting if you don't have the speed down. So I'm back to playing online again...weee!