Poker 2005I didn’t end up going to AC this past weekend. As some of my fellow blog mates know, I cleaned out my bankroll. I had some personal things to take care of so I closed out. Now I’m in a new year and I’m going to start keeping better track of my bankroll. In other words, this year I’m not pulling money to travel, drink and have a good time. This will be the first year that I take everything dealing with gambling…well serious. I think I have always played conservative so I always did well. Sure I had my down swings and those swings where it seemed I would never come back from being sucked out from runner-runner. But as all of us know, you do come back from those awful beats.
In any case, the reason I’m going to be posting my wins and losses is because it needs to be done. My sister wants to be able to follow. I know, I know, I’m too damn old to be answering to her…well you don’t know the girl…she will give me an ass whipping and was a bit sad that I didn’t retire when I said I would. So if I can show her some wins and she can follow my stats I’m sure she won’t be as pissed as she is with me now a days.
Things I will be telling her and my few readers in the near future.
Location – Hours Played – Gave Played – $ Started With - $ Ended With. Of course I will also include: Transportation – Food – Lodging – Tips.
I figure once she reads and can follow she will be fine with what I’m doing. Who knows, if I win a seat to the WPT events such as Otis did last week, I might invite her. Well boys and girls….I have to break for the time being.
I also wanted to make my 2005 Poker Wish List:
1. Play solid as much as possible.
2. Learn to bet a bit better for value.
3. Learn to change gears on the drop of a dime – not only when you lose big hand.
4. Play more casino tournaments.
5. Set two days aside for 7 Card Stud.
6. Read more books on poker and re-read old books.
7. Get a mentor who you can chat with about your game and flaws.
8. By June sit at 15/30 and not worry about bad runs.
9. Log 30 hours a week.
10. Make a visit to AC or Foxwoods at least twice a month.
Interested in seeing your wish list when it comes to poker this coming year.