Thursday, January 25, 2007

Getting Your Fix

I have a notion that gamblers are as happy as most people, being always excited; women, wine, fame, the table, even ambition, sate now and then, but every turn of the card and cast of the dice keeps the gambler alive - besides one can game ten times longer than one can do any thing else.
Lord Byron


Everyone in this community gets their fix in different forms. Some get it via Stud, some no-limit hold'em, some old school people still get their fix off of no fold'em hold'em. What ever your poison is I highly suggest your start to surf the blogs that people link up. In all seriousness, I think you can learn a lot from people in this community. I just have been amazed as of late at the things I have been reading and don't get all high-brow and think it is only the bloggers that have been around for a while that can teach you something. Serious, I have learned a lot from some new bloggers to the community. So start to dig or as us DJ's like to say, I'm digging in the crates today.

In closing, I suggest you stay away from the junkies who will play any game or prop bet. Yes, at the next blogger gathering you can find Ro-Sham-Bo for 100.00 no problem. I'm sure someone will even do a post on the strategy and mental toughness one has to have in ro-sham-bo and I suggest you read it because you will probably learn something from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home