Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Turning Down The WSOP

I was asked by someone who I highly admire and respect in the poker community to cover the WSOP. He wanted me to cover both poker and party life that takes place during the WSOP. I was a bit excited about this proposal to be honest, and I was really touched that this friend thought of me. But the truth of the matter is that it was too much work.

I can't see myself working 15 to 20 hours a day at this point in my life. Not only that, but the job entailed me to party and write about it. See...when The Rooster starts to party he doesn't stop and I wouldn't be able to get up and go to work the next day and cover poker.

I don't see how Pauly, Otis, Change100 and Spaceman do it. Serious, the job seemed rather stressful when explained to me. Not only the hours but also the deadlines that would have to be met and the editing and such that comes with it. Not only was it not in me, but I'm a hack of a writer and I have never really put much time and effort into the craft that it deserves. Sure millions come to this site and such...but you get what I'm saying.

Not only that...but I thought it might be a bit B-Lister of me to follow in the footsteps of those mentioned above. I don't want to be at the WSOP working there and seeing my friends who have made the way for me. I just can't bring myself to it...The Rooster has always walked to his own beat (Think the Wu Tang Clan!!!)

I admit, when the job was explained to me minus the hours and deadlines I was all about it...this seemed like a job for The Rooster. But the truth is that it takes a certain talent to pull this stuff off. Plus, as I said, I want to carve out my own circle and niche. I'm not saying that I might not take another assignment or that there isn't room for me...but I'm just that guy that doesn't like to be a follower.

In closing, I wanted to thank my inter-dweeb friends for the third of many opportunities they have thrown my way. Serious, all you B-Listers have been nice enough to always ask The Rooster Consulting if it wanted some of the pie, the cool-aid, or the bacon you all were eating and I'm touched. But the truth of the matter is that I just belong in the far reaches of the Stud Tables by the Bathrooms at the Borgata. Holla!

3 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Hey Rooster. Let me just say from a wannabe B-lister to the A of all A-listers that your content has been a lot of fun to read lately. Keep churning it out. The Rooster is easily the #1 Cock of poker bloggers.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Seconded! The Rooster is easily the biggest cock on the net.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger StB said...

I feel like a part of me has died not being able to read these reports.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home