Monday, April 21, 2008

Haha!!

I love that people are tough over the computer. Serious, I hope someone has heard of Vincente Perez and what he did in a live game to a tough guy who mouthed off to him. Nuff said.

Moving on. A blogger friend of mine asked me my take on moving in with a girl. First, I started to laugh that someone would want to move in with this B-Lister. Second, I was surprised that this blogger was able to get a girl. My final take was this, she is too young for you to move in with her. I've seen many an old guy trying to wrestle down a young girl. I've done it, but I'm an A-Lister. Young girls need space, Man. Let her run and go be a coke-head for a while with her friends. Let her get drunk and strip on the pole. It is then, and only then that you can tie her down, and get married and stuff.

I got killed in AC this Saturday. I lost a buy-in ($800). I played some hands horrible. I played some well and got drawn out on. What I don't like is that they put all the 7-card stud players in the 20-40 game way on the end of the room. For those of you who have played at the Borgata I'm talking about by the bathrooms. Like we have some rare disease that can't be cured. All the players in that game are old men...why do you put us way in the corner where these poor guys have to trek to get there?

Also, I have taken to old guys slow-rolling me. Yet, it is not for the reason that I like to do it back. These guys are old and turn them over slowly because they aren't sure they have the winning hand from time to time. Serious, let me give you an example where I had to tell the old guy that he beat me and I had to hand about a 200.00 of my dollars to the old guy.

So I raise with a K showing and it folds around to the old guy. He looks at his cards for the third time and calls with a 3d showing. He's about 80 or so. So I put him on a big pair under or a diamond draw. Not a bad call but not a great one either. To make a long story short...he calls all the way down and backed into two pair which hit on the river...he had Queens hidden under...not a great play but by third exposed card he was also on a diamond flush draw....so...err...on this hand I don't feel too drawn out on. In any case, so I flip over my king and say pair. He's looking at my hand and turning his three down card over slowly and doesn't take note that his 6c paired with his 6d. He looks again and I say...you got it...take it down. He looks...and looks again and is like, Wow! Before I use to get pissed at this type of play, but the truth is that he did that on every hand he played till the end. He was just a bit slow at reading his board...no biggie. Good enough guy when we got to chatting and he chuckled that he won that pot from me.

Question, where do all these old guys get their money? He re-bought like three times. Odd.

5 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

First off, great advice to the guy thinking about moving in with his girl. He should also keep in mind that moving in is a bigger day-to-day change than getting married. If you already live together and get married, little changes. When you first move in together, though, everything is changes. Good luck to him.

I wonder if they put the old fogies by the bathroom so they won't have as many accidents. After all, they only walk to and from the poker room once (each), but some of those guys need to hit the bathroom three times in an hour.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger StB said...

Stud players are like lepers. They are fun to watch from afar but you don't want to get close.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Great point...I thought of that also. But I wasn't going to ask those gents if they were sporting depends. Plus, some of them have have last names that in in I's if you know what I mean.

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Zeem said...

old guys have most of the $. your job is to win it and spend it like the a-lister you are which is what they would do if they weren't diminished to trying to figure out "wtf, how did i lose that pot?"

but i may be wrong

the z-list

 

Post a Comment

<< Home