Monday, March 24, 2008

A-List Hating

I’ve been invited by some very cool people to a lot of their events.

1. The Boat
2. Dinner with Dr. Pauly in NYC
3. Okie Vegas
4. Eh-Vegas
5. Florida

I can’t make all these events but I do get invited and I’m touched for the invites.

Heck, The Rooster even gets invited every week to the Wall Street game. The Rooster even puts money in the tip jar and I see a lot of people that don’t. That is just how this A-Lister keeps his role...and although I don’t call many B-Listers out for their lack of table manners...I am here. If a cool Dude hosts a game you should pitch in a bit for him to get sodas and such. I digress.

Sure The Rooster got invited by Al to two of the above events. You know, Al, he who likes rooting for the Mob owned team of Chelsea. In any case, The Rooster attends these events because they are fun. Not to mention, it is bad taste for an A-Lister such as me to skip on a B-Lister events. It kind of keeps my status up there; you know, like some of you play basketball against short people when you’re 6’5. Did I mention taking shots with Al and Big Mike is fun. What about the third part of the three amigos, Louie-Louie warm up drinks...his warm-up consists of a Shot of tequila followed by an Irish Car Bomb followed by chugging a Harp. I've seen it done in the flesh...all within a few seconds. Classic!

I was a bit in shock to read that people were hating on an A-Lister such as myself for getting invited to all these events and they were not (well come to think of it I’m not surprised, next blogger event I will be wearing the shirt that reads he/she hate me!). Look I can’t help it if The Rooster is liked and good at poker. The Rooster can’t help it if he’s an A-Lister. Do you blame Jordan for getting all those fouls called in his favor because he was a great player? No it is not fair, but it is what comes with being at the top of the pecking order.

Also, The Rooster has seen the term A-Lister Blogger being thrown around a lot. Make note people, this all came from Jordan at High on Poker’s article a few years ago, but it was The Rooster who took A-Lister blogging status to a new level. Why? Well because that is what an A-Lister does.

Al and a few people called me a self-appointed A-Lister...there might be some truth to that. But there is no denying that we are all friends here and if you get to know me you will probably get my status as an A-Lister. My email works if you want to email me but please don’t email me wanting me to link your site. Serious, The Rooster gets about 100 of those daily from B-Listers. Bam-Bam...cut back on the emails for you are close, but just a bit not up to snuff as of yet. B-Lister for life???? I don’t know, I’ve seen Bobby Bracelet lurk in that status forever.

In closing, J.C. didn’t ask to be J.C. it was earned by doing cool things like walking on water. Now I’m not saying that The Rooster should be mentioned in the same breath as J.C. but it has been done. See...that is just how this A-Lister roles.

6 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger BamBam said...

Ooooops wrong site!

But with being an "EH-lister" comes responsibilities, and I know it can make your day when I take the time and all.

I do have to admit, your reversing that e-mail comment back onto me was pretty funny!

Keep up the good work kid!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Good god, man. I have created a monster! In fact, here's the link for the post that created the A-list monster: On Blogs . Just for the record, my post was merely a commentary on an article I read, but I think we can see the terror that is the natural outgrowth of that article thanks to A-lister Rooster's A-lister ways. Tsk tsk.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Fuel55 said...

Self-appointment is the nuts.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Pauly said...

I totally forgot about my birthday dinner party in NYC at The Palm and then we got shitfaced and went bar hopping and I was doing body shots of tequila off of that hot chick bartender's stomach.

I never that counted as a blogger event. It was just me and a couple of my friends.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Betty Underground said...

What about drinks with Betty? I am crushed. Betty only rinks with A-listers!

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

If a cool Dude hosts a game you should pitch in a bit for him to get sodas and such.

The Rooster is a super-class act.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home