Monday, April 28, 2008

Review

I called Joe Speaker drunk the other night in search of some relationship advice. Sure the guy is batting 0-2 in the love-zone, but who better to call than someone who is 0-2? In any case, I just wanted to thank Speaker for being open to listening to a drunk rant. A true bad beat for Speaker to have to listen to The Rooster drunk.

Speaking of loss and stuff. To be honest, I have never dealt well with loss. There are times when I just break-down with pain when walking down the street. I don't cry, but my heart aches, and it reminds me that life is so damn fragile. I wish I had some of these people around to play spades with, five card draw, and Broken-7 card stud.

With that being said, I shout to my homies who are alive and some beer is to be poured out for those whose time has come and gone too soon on this earth.






With that being said, let us never forget Charlie Tuttle. One of the good guys of poker. I can not say enough about Charlie and what he meant to us in the poker/blogger world. Even if you are a new school blogger and say that the old bloggers are out of touch, that the community changes and we should understand that (and honestly most of us do), and that we are dated and need to understand the new brand of blogger. I totally agree but you should also know the story of Charlie and what he meant to us old school folk and why we hate to hear people from the community berate anyone of the community.

I can go on and on about Charlie and I never met the guy in the flesh. But for some reason, I, like so many others in the community, took to Charlie because he was a good guy who took his lumps like a man. Not only that, he was a good friend of Spaceman (who by the way is blogging again) and I think that Charlie brought out the human in all of us, reminded us the importance of friendship as we watched Spaceman work through his pain as he seen his best friend dying and not being able to alter the course of the end, and what it showed us was how dynamic and special this group of internet dweebs calling themselves bloggers really was. We who remember Charlie rooted for him till he left this earth for a better place. When all of you start to get in a huff over a bad beat remember that Charlie was delt the worse hand you can ever be delt, Cancer. But Charlie pushed on and fought it to the end...he never complained about a bad beat or cards he was dealt. Puts things in perspective doesn't it.

3 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger BamBam said...

Well put sir.

That was an A-List and an EH-List post, if I've ever read one.

Props !! FULL props !!!!!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger My final out said...

I second bambam. Terrific post.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Derek McG said...

Great post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home