Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Running Well

I've been running rather well in the underground games here in NYC. Not totally great, but I can make a bit here and there. It all adds up. A couple of hundred here and fifty there...like I said it all adds up.

I've started to get a better grip on No Limit since that is all they seem to play. The one thing that I have problems with keeping pots small. When the pot is limped in front of me with a few people in I feel my 7's, 8's or 9's are good so I bump them a bit. The problem with this is that I'm playing the flop more than my starting hand. I think that mixing it up might be the way to go here...sometimes raise and sometimes not to raise.

The thing that I really need to turn up is my non-aggressive play. I sit and wait for too many hands. I call a bit too much with AK and AQ and only raise with pairs...those A-K and such should be raised. I just need to get out of that mind-set. I notice that a lot of people will fold when I raise a pot.

I'm just sitting here thinking.

Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home