Monday, December 18, 2006

Vegas Part Dos

So I’m back for my second post on Vegas. Where was I...oh, I was down at the MGM for the mixed games and it is the same as usual. There are people flying in and a shuffle into and out of the mixed games.

I think Smokie got engaged on the plane flight to Vegas. Dear God, in the words of Iggy: Oh, the humanity! Another blogger marries up. Way to keep up the tradition Smokie and yes, his future wife Love-Elf is hot.

So we are there playing mixed games and chatting it up. F-Train took my seat since I wanted to walk around get caught up with people. Iggy, Al and Pauly were holding court at the bar but would you expect anything else? I did manage to get back to my seat and see Dawn donk off a whole bunch of chips on two hands...too funny. I also got to see one of the coolest card caps in a while:

IMG_1309

Then out of nowhere…everyone’s favorite Totally Gay Blogger shows and the MGM sports book goes nuts. Everyone is soooo happy to see Bobby Bracelet. Yet, how come the Bracelet decided to show after he said he wasn’t? Who was it that coaxed him into coming? Who could put the pressure on him so much that he would just pack a backpack and jump a plane to Vegas with nowhere to stay?

Well I suppose I should take the credit here from what I read here. Yes, F-Train and I decided to call Bobby when we were in the cab on the way back to the MGM the night before. I guess there were a few words exchanged for his lack of manhood for not being in Vegas and it put him on, “I’m not with the crew tilt.” So you see people, sometimes my late night calls do work out for the best.

I did get to talk to the Human Head and his wife. What can I say, I think that that Mr. Head and I need to sit down in a quiet steel cell one day and pound out some talks. Serious, the guy is just way too deep to be talking radical political theory at the MGM. Thus, we changed the subject to rap music and we both agreed that there is a void that needs to be filled by some of the artist out there. Who is willing to step to the mic?

Then AlCan’tHang decided that we were all letting him down because nobody took up the Rage Solo quest. Myself, I respect that Rage Solo thing, but not when I’m really super drunk and might do this: Break Rule #20 Yet, from what I hear, Al had a run like no other at the craps tables when he was throwing red birds at the craps dealers like they were going out of style. Long Live Al Can’t Hang!

So we wrapped it up and decided to head back to the IP. Of course I was trying to get out of this because I knew the madness that would ensue, but I had to go as a badge of honor. I’m not sure what happened too much for my memory escapes me to be honest but I will say that the Pimps and Hoes showed up again and that sent Iggy on giggle tilt.

Also, I finally got to admit to Otis I had a little boy crush on his wife. He was cool about it and here I can finally write it in big letters: Mrs. Otis, you are a cutie! Nuff said.

I got to meet and chat with G-Cox which was cool because I think that guy looks like a famous country singer:

9583761

But he sounds more like this country singer:

mg_eddie_micswing

It was good talking to him about life down in the south and poker and just where his game was at this point in time. Low Limit Grinder I think is what he called himself but if you visit his blog you will know that he became a high roller at the tables by the end of the trip.

I digress. The funny part of the night came when we went to eat. Yep, the last of the last, the strong of the strong (or insane depending on how you seen it) Derek, Daddy, G-Cox, Iggy and myself all went to Denny’s at 8:30 the next morning. That’s right people, there was no sleep for these hombres. It was rather funny to be honest with you because the banter that was exchanged.

Of course Daddy was in search of someone he could bag on and he found a cowboy who could smell Daddy’s bacon grease a mile away. I think Daddy tried to tell him something about how cool his hand held leather pocketbook was. The old cowboy smelled the bullshit coming and cut Daddy off. Maybe it was fatigue sitting in but Daddy was a bit off or the cowboy was that good...you make the call.

After breakfast what was funny was that nobody really wanted to go to sleep. Serious, everyone was scared to miss that tournament that started in a few hours. It was rather funny to be honest to hear the words,
"well we could go drinking until the tournament starts." Yes, these were the type of guys I was with. Then the more logical voices came to voice, whose going to call who? There was a quick moment of panic that set in that we would over sleep. I’m sure this had to do with the fact that we Daddy with us and Iggy who sometimes are known to sleep through tournaments.

That is it for now.

Next post Saturday:
-The Rooster runs over table with hands that can break hands
-DickBro has no game
-Chatting with SirWaffles and breaking eachother's games down and where we are a bit weak
-Dinner with YoYo
-Brotherhood/Sisterhood at the final table.
-Running amuck trying to keep up with Grubette at the table games

3 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Derek McG said...

i love what you're doing over here.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

Joaquin,

Funny you should mention those two singers, funny indeed.

G

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Sounds like a great time. Oh how I love Vegas..lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home