Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Charlie Passed

Rest In Peace, Charlie.

It turned pitch black over NYC today and it's starting to rain. Maybe it's the heavens crying for Charlie, but I tell them not to cry, we are happy that we all got to know Charlie even if it was just through the blog community and cyberspace. You will be missed.

I know that everyone is going through so much in our community over the past week, it's been an emotional two weeks. The highs and lows we have experienced as a community are just insane. I can only imagine what the family and friends of those individuals are going through.

Of course everyone is trying to do his or her part in these difficult times. I think our next event in Vegas (correct me if I'm wrong Bill, but I think Vegas won votes wise) we should donate some of the money to the family of Charlie to distribute it how they think Charlie would have liked it spent.

With that being said, I think we should all chip in 20.00 bucks each to fly Charlie's mother to Vegas to meet us if she wishes. I'm sure she would love to meet Charlie's online community friends. If she wishes she can take Charlie's seat and play in honor of Charlie. Of course this will probably be highly emotional, but maybe she will do it with pride for her son.

In closing, I hope I'm not out of line by proposing this. It's just my take and I'm a small person in our huge community. Of course we will need the dust to settle in all of this before any decisions are made. Like I said, just my take on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home