Friday, March 04, 2005

Random Thoughts

I sometimes see how individuals find my time playing poker as a waste. I mean, how can they comprehend sitting at a table for hours at a time inking out a small living. I see this as a side job and treat it as such. I don’t try and move up in limits for the most part and I know that for the most part my stomach can’t handle the swings that the NL tables provide, it’s just not in me. Some people can play those tables and look danger right in the face and say, SCREW YOU! Remember the line in Tombstone when Doc says, “I said Draw Boy!” That’s not in my nature. I’m more of the kind of the guy that lies in the bushes and waits for you to walk by, then I take my gun and get your from behind. Some people don’t like check-raise or playing possum, but I think you have to do it.

In any case, where is this going? I don’t know to be honest…just some things on my mind. I guess I get upset when people look at me odd when I tell them that I play poker as a full-time job aside from my regular job. My bankroll is small because I pull money out to have a good time in the city and ask anyone who has lived or come to NYC the place can run you some money.

I have gotten better about keeping my money intact to be honest, but it’s not in me to live a very conservative lifestyle. No, I tend to think of myself as a crazy kid that can go on tilt anytime. I mean, I can give my boss the brush right now and not worry about it what so ever. I know, I know, probably not very smart, but I can do it and get to the tables and another job and be o.k. Sometimes I get sad at my friends who have all this schooling and feel that they can’t leave their job. What is that all about? I don’t know, doesn’t one go to school so he/she can live their life how they want and without and worries. I don’t know, it’s just something that I think about from time to time.

Oh, I also wanted to say that I have been doing well in my poker. I am trying more free rolls now because they are free and good practice, yet I think the money games are where I will stay for the time being. If you want to make money you all might want to try the stud tables at Party Poker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home