Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Sloppy Play

I have been starting to play very sloppy as of late. I'm not sure why and it's gotten so bad that I have stopped playing for a bit. I don't know, I figure that after hitting so many good hands for so long that the poker Gods were looking down on me. Yet, I think it has more to do with loss of vision. When I play I always have a goal of what I want to win that day and I stop. As of late I have been getting online and thinking...one big win will make me happy. Thus, I have always played hands till the end thinking, "this is the hand to put me where I want to be." When I don't hit I have lost some chips and think, "now I have to win two hands to get ahead." Those of you who play know this cycle and know how deadly to one's bankroll it can be.

It's funny. No matter how many how many books and blogs you read about this...no matter how many hands you have played in the past...well you can't run from this trap. It just catches you like someone doing the old check raise on you. I suppose I should have read my mantra inside my wallet more before these huge loss sessions (read previous article).

I am starting to look for a new job doing something besides playing poker and working at my current job. I think that I might go and become a male stripper or something of the sorts, I don't know? I just can't see myself playing so much poker and sitting here behind the computer at work all day...I welcome any of your suggestions.

In closing, I hope all is well with everyone these days. I have quit all types of gambling for the time being until I get my head straight and accomplish some outside goals (O.K. I still gamble on my monday night bowling games with Rey "El Rey" Contreras and John "General Lee" Lee). Yet, I'm sure I will be home one night and read some poker book and jump on the computer or make a run to AC. We will have to see how it all pans out.

Once again, have a great day and may all your flops be monsters.

4 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Nice Blog. Keep it up. Stripper sounds like fun if you have the body.. as an IT guy its not a choice for me.. *sigh*... heh.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Heafy said...

It is a trap that we have all fallen into - "just one big win and I'm on top" - and it's probably good that you didn't get it, because then you come to rely on that one big win. knowing you made that mistake is a massive step forward. Best of luck.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Bazkar said...

Send me an e-mail at bazkar44@yahoo.com and I'll get you the info on adding links to your blog.

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa Well it's winter time and I am search around the internet .So read your blog, Sloppy Play and I am a gambler myself ,love the thrill of the odds and the game play..I running a site texas holdem poker.
Isn't the internet a great thing ,everyone sharing a little peice of themselves and their
lives. Anyway enjoyed the visited take care ....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home