In my walletI got these from some blogger and now I have taped them on my wallet and read them daily. It's just good to repeat daily while on the subway or before reading poker books.
1. Extreme self control - no impulsive behavior
2. Ability to concentrate intently - no wandering thoughts
3. Ability to admit mistakes quickly - and thus terminate them
4. Ability to depersonalize conflicts - be objective regardless of personalities involved
5. Selective aggressive play at the table
6. Acceptance of responsibilty - accountability for all your results
7. Always demanding an edge/advantage before you play
8. Brutal realism - the absence of denial or kidding yourself
9. Visible thinking - thinking through and knowing why you made every play
10. Ability to learn from your mistakes
11. Obsession with winning
12. Ability to make adjustments based on observations; adaptability
On my computer monitor at this time I have the following quote by Huhammad Ali:
"Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."