Thursday, July 06, 2006

I got my reality check today

I got my reality check today and it didn't come in a good form. As a matter of fact, it came in an awful form. I suppose my good friend Reynaldo summed it up best when he stated, "Joaquin, when an older person dies you get sad for all the history that is lost; but when a young person dies you get sad for all the future greatness that is lost." With all that is going on in my life nothing could compare to the loss of a fellow blogger, Obie. These are Obie's words:

My son, Alexander Nathaniel "Alex" Overby, 14, of Stafford County Virginia, died Monday, July 3, 2006. Hit by a car walking beside the road. Alex had just completed 8th grade at Gayle Middle School where he participated in chorus and drama. He had played SRSL soccer for several years and enjoyed skateboarding, computer games, and playing poker.

Survivors include his parents, Lowen A. and Kristina K. Overby; one sister, Isabella Nicole Overby; two half-brothers, Lowen Aaron Collins and Matthew Edward Collins.

A funeral will be held at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, July 11 at Covenant Funeral H\Service, 4801 Jefferson Davis Highway, Fredericksburg, VA 22408. Burial will follow at noon in Quantico national Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6 to 9 p.m. o Monday, July 10 at the funeral home.

Memorials may be made to Gayle Middle School for use by the chorus, 100 Panther Drive, Fredericksburg, VA 22405.

1 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Claudia Huerta said...

aww...I'm sorry to hear about this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home