Monday, January 02, 2006

Another New Years Post

I wanted to write a quick note to the one person out there who reads this little crap of a blog (Thanks for reading, Mom).

First, I wanted to thank my family who has always been supportive of my poker playing although I know it bothers some of them. I’m trying to get my sister to take up the game. She’s ultra competitive so I’m sure she will do well. Plus, she has my father’s gamble to her. Myself, I’m a wimp…sorry all, no big gamble to me.

I wanted to thank all the fine writers in our community. You guys always crush work production which is nice and you give me something to shoot for. I have come to realize that I’m not going to scribe like some of the big guns in the community in terms of vernacular, content, writing structure and stories, but I can dream. I do love you guys and I have sucked you cocks and vaginas for so long giving you credit that I must stop. What can I say; I’m a slut when it comes to meeting people who are good writers.

I wanted to thank all the ugly bloggers for getting married to hot wives. If not for the wives being hot I would have nothing to look forward to during our gatherings. Serious, have you noticed how many ugly bloggers got hot wives…shit, it’s just amazing. Can we be the poster boys for ugly guys who have brains get the hot chicks? Do I see a shirt in the future that reads: Blogger geeks get the hot wives! Oh, didn’t mean to exclude the females…Pretty Pablo, Sexy Pablo or it is Beautiful Pablo?

I also wanted to send a shout to the ladies of our community. They have to sit and shoot the shit with the boys for hours on end. To bring an end to this abuse, I hear the Maudie is going to start an all female blogger tournament…haha! I kid, I kid. It’s nice having you ladies around…wink!

I wanted to send a shout to my NYC bloggers…you all know who you are. We have to get on the ball and lay down some whip ass to the rest of the blogger community and show them how the Yankees do it. We have only Pauly who placed in Wil’s tournament for our best cash-out in some time…let’s do this boys and girls.

In closing, I encourage everyone to take a few shots at big games this year. Serious, you have to pull the trigger and take a shot when you are in the right frame of mind and running well. Just my take, man…just my take. I say if you are 4/8 and beating the game take 400.00 to the 6/12 game and take a stab, you might be surprised by the rush and also the solid play you show. But then again, that’s just my take. Have confidence in your game and take a shot, you have read the books, you know position, fuck the whole notion of bankroll…this is a one time shot you take every six months to see what you are made of and where you are at…o.k. sorry, I’ve said enough.

Later and have a great year in the 2006.

8 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger peacecorn said...

That's sweet sweet Pablo to you, baby. And remember, you are still on Wil's list!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger spanky said...

so judging by comments, its gracie, your mom and me that are reading.

still, its not all bad. you have the following facts going for you too:
you're living in the big apple
you play a mean game of horse
you will no doubt get crushed by my hammer again sometime soon
you are clearly insane

see you in ac? let's make it happen, rooster.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Ignatious said...

happy new year, j!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Someday when I make it to an event, I'll be an addition to the ugly blogger/hot wife group. My wife is smokin, however I need help...

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Maudie said...

Add me to the list of your readers, mi amigo. Feliz Año Nuevo! And I may have to retink my stance on women only tourneys, wink wink....

--Maudie

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger iamhoff said...

How can I not read it? I see your comments all over the place, particularly Lady Falcon's blog, and I had to start reading. If I ever get a chance to head east, you will be notified!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I forsee another cab ride together in six months...

Take care of yourself till then Rooster.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Hey Joaq. NYC bloggers do need to represent. You are a gregarious fellow. Why don't we start a grass-roots movement for a weekend in AC? Also, I'm taking your advice about playing in a bigger game...but not online. I'll save that for a live game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home