Thursday, December 15, 2005

Next Two Days in Vegas

I wish that I could give the next two days in Vegas justice. If the truth be told, writing about the tournament reminds me of why I don’t play them. Serious, it’s like on prom when you get all excited to take the girl of your dreams (for the record, The Rooster had the hottest prom date) and you have her in your arms and you are ready to close the deal and she tells you that it’s that time of the month. So very close but yet so very far. At that time you don’t know that it’s o.k. to have sex with a girl when she is on her period…or at least that what Daddy and Donkey Puncher tell me. So yes, you are so fookin close, but yet so fookin far.

Well after a long night of talking and playing cards well into the night with Bill “Teddy Bear” Rini I wake up on time for the tournament, thanks to The Proud Geek. I walk over to the tournament and decide to listen to every speaker…no, this doesn’t include Joe Speaker for he just wants to talk about his new haircut. I loved that such great writers and speakers were present. I got to hear Charlie speak which was cool. I think he’s one of the best guys in poker and I loved what he had to say. Time for cards to be in the air and everyone draws their seat.

The table behind me is what we will call murders row. Otis, CJ and that crew. My table wasn’t that easy of a table either (you all know who you are). Yet, I figured I would stick and move until I got enough chips to make some big moves on people. Yet, within 10 deals I get Rockets and double up. It’s from there that I start to swing my stack around (look at my picture below for my prediction). It’s the first time that I start to see the power of a big stack in a long-long time. I don’t play no-limit hold’em ever so it was neat kind of playing king of the table for a while. In any case, I digress from my moment in the sun. I ended up getting busted in 12th place when my A-9 ran into Gracie’s A-10. Yep, two places out of the money. Like I said, I had her in the room and naked and she went cold on me.

I just wanted to clarify something with people (esp. those that didn’t get a chance to know me on a personal level). I really wanted that jacket that Poker Stars was giving away. To be honest, sometimes I play for the prizes more than the money. I guess in the end I just play to win. Thus, if you thought I was taking the tournament a bit too serious, you are probably right (Chili told me I should smile), but I play to win any tournament or game I enter. I don’t know, I know we are a community of friends, and I totally understand that, but I’m just agro like that and I don’t feel that I should apologize but I am. Thus, wanted everyone to know in bloggerland that I have a personality! I was spent after I got busted but I suppose I shall give some highlights on another post where I write about my brush with fookin Hollywood royalty that goes by the name of Will.

I was spent after Sat. and went on a bad run at the Castle when I was put all-in by a Cowboy who hit his 10 on the river busting my nut-flush. What can one say, it hurt. Nuff said.

I finally got to play that Asian game that Otis loves to play so much. It’s a tough game to beat, I learned this the hard way as Grubby, F-Train, Jaxia, Pauly and me all got busted by the dealer. But it was fun sitting with friends and just enjoying the day.

I was tired so I went home to sleep. Remember, I didn’t sleep the whole entire day before because I was playing cards with Bill and that crew.

Sunday was the sports book and that was really fun to experience. I never got my lessons on reading the race sheet…cough!cough! So I suppose I will just have to wing it with the whole look at the horse type of method. It was fun wrapping things up at the sports book and just running around taunting all those that were rooting against America’s Team.

I will go in depth in a later post about highlights and stuff. Here are some of the topics:

1. Tournament breakdown.
2. Iggy talking sense to me when I wanted to go for big dollars
3. O8 Tournament breakdown
4. How two bounties changed my game at the time and mentally in the future

4 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Daddy said...

Pleasure meeting you, Roostah!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger John G. Hartness said...

Good meeting and playing with you, Rooster. My friend Emily thinks you are the coolest blogger she met all week! Still working on that "selective aggression" thing. At least the selective part.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger LAYGO said...

El Palenque is my most favoritist mexican restuarant in Houston.

Best. Fajitas. Ever.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nothing wrong with showing up with your game face...

especially while hitting on every hot chick on the way to the cab stand :)

Truly pleasure to hang out with you Rooster

 

Post a Comment

<< Home