Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Random Thoughts 2

It’s been some time since I have written in My Little Poker Blog. There has been a lot going on in terms of my playing. I have been killing a few different games on different sites as of late. I feel that my game is coming around to being super solid once again. This post is going be of random thoughts.

I met Pauly’s brother practicing for the H.O.R.S.E. Tournament on Full Tilt. Funny thing was that he was disguised as a soul-brother with his character which I thought was funny. You know the Afro-Brother on Full-Tilt...I think he had a soul-brother name also.

5 CD’s playing while I play:
1. The Judds – Greatest Hits
2. Mr. Gorge Strait – Straitest and the Greatest Hits
3. Gentle Side of John Coletrane
4. Tigres del Norte – Greatest Hits
5. Naz – It was written

I have been smart about staying away from games when I am tired or don’t have my game face on. I am really trying to pull this together and I’m seeing my bankroll grow because of this serious nature I’m taking to the game. I was getting too laxed in my starting hands and overall game. Now I'm starting to take notes and cleaned off my desk and just really clamped down. One might be surprised to see how much one’s bankroll grows when totally focused. I think Al wrote about this and now he no longer plays the 25 no-limit table with the bloggers. There is none of this, let me see if I get lucky and I hope the next card to be my card. Do the odds in your head really quickly and find out of the extra bet is worth it. Remembering that it’s o.k. to check on the end because sometimes if you don’t have the nuts you have to check if you aren't sure you have the best of it.

The reason this new breath of fresh air is happening is because of my bad play. I had been involved in an ugly Tilt session some days ago and lost some money. I was getting killed in some games and getting really frustrated. When I took time to sit back and read some books and just review my play I see how awful I had been playing. So I decided to play a sit-in-go for 5 bucks to see a lot of hands and see how it pans out. I took first place and moved it up 5 bucks and did a second there. So I decided to just settle down and relax while I play and to not fall too in love with odd cards. Thus, I’m back to Mr. Conservative on the felt. And yes, I have made back my losses from my Tilt session.

In closing, remember that you have to be having fun while you play. Set a goal of where you want to be and stick to it. I seen that Maudie was killing the 20 dollar end of the night game that she was playing. But she had set that goal and it was something she wanted to play well at and she really buckled down on that game. I suggest you all do the same. Really sit and get focused and play good country music to get you in that Zen mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home