Summer Classic Random ThoughtsI was just wondering if anyone knew what was going on with The Summer Classic. Since I use this blog as my thought process and medium here are some thoughts. Oh, some of the points I’m gong to make I stole from a friend of mine who knows the poker world well. Thus, I can’t take credit for all my points…he’s not a blogger so he doesn’t really care he just pointed them out to me.
1. Due to people’s bankroll it would be better to hold the Summer Classic early stages of the WSOP because the smaller buy-ins tournaments take place then. Also, the group can run tournaments to send soldiers representing our community to the smaller buy-ins.
2. During the Main Event the rates of rooms will be very high and most casinos might not be willing to gives us a good lump discounted price.
3. Not everyone is going to be able to make the event and that’s just how things pan out sometimes. There will be people from our community there throughout different stages of the WSOP so if you go a week later you will probably run into a few bloggers. My main Horse name F-Train is playing in the Razz event and some of the ladies are playing in the lady events.
4. Getting a sponsor will be tough if we have our deal during the Main Event. If you think about it there will be tons of energy by these companies towards the Main Event so Bloggers will come second, third or maybe even fourth. So getting the event to be sponsored like last time will be tougher.
5. I can’t see a casino holding a tournament for us on their floor because most rooms will be full via the fallout of the WSOP.
In closing, these are just some thoughts that came to mind…some pointed out by my buddy. In any case, let me know what you think or if I’m off my rocker.